Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: optus
Accepted Solution

How to save sms messages to media card???

hi, 

I want to know how to save my text messages to my media card my sim card keeps giving me a message telling me to delete msgs.....

is there a way to save msgs to the media card i know my iphone use to!!!

please get back to me asap thankss!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: How to save sms messages to media card???

There is an option within the SMS options to "leave SMS on SIM card" - untick this and the device memory should have enough space to hold a few thousand messages - whereas the SIM is limited to 20 or so.

My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8100
My Carrier: T-mobile

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC can help you backup SMS to computer directly.  If you want to transfer sms from blackberry to android, I just found a program called VeryAndroid SMS Backup can help. It is a smart andriod sms backup software that can copy and backup sms on Android phone to computer, restore sms backup file to any android phone, and also send messages or chat with a friend on computer directly, exactly the same as that you do on your android phone.

It can help you:
 - Copy and backup SMS from Anroid phone to computer.
 - Restore SMS to android phone any time.
 - Send SMS & SMS Chat on computer directly.
 - Transfer SMS to android phone from other phones (iPhone, Windows Mobile, Nokia, Blackberry etc).
 - View SMS messages in threading mode on computer.

Good luck.

Contributor
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: smart

is this possible with BB10? and is seems to me that it will be saved to the storage of the device, is it possible to save it on the media card/external storage?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

leruaj99 wrote:

is this possible with BB10? and is seems to me that it will be saved to the storage of the device, is it possible to save it on the media card/external storage?

No. SMS is part of the security protected data on BB devices. As such, it is not natively eligible to be placed onto the Media Card (which has a much lower security protection level than does the internal AppMemory area). There are 3rd party apps (e.g., Ultimate Backup) that can backup some data to a Media Card (which may or may not include SMS...I do not know specifically), but that indeed is a backup...no ability for interaction with the data, but merely there as the source of a later restore.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code