Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
JDawson
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

How to stop Blackberry Apps auto-messages?

Hi

I have a Blackberry Torch that I use for work but it keeps offering me Apps downloads - these are listed in my messages on desktop but there is no 'delete' option.  If you open or scroll through the Apps pages there is still no delete option on the menu key, and there seems to be no 'unsubscribe' option either.  Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the Apps offers?!!

Thanks

Jon

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to stop Blackberry Apps auto-messages?

Are you talking about messages from AppWorld?  Do you use any apps on your device?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDawson

Hi

No, I don't , it is a work phone, so no fun allowed!  But there are some Apps pre-loaded on there I am sure.  The latest one seemed to be for a Facebook upgrade, but when you open it it goes into the whole range of Blackberry Apps.  What bugs me is that I cannot remove the message from my message list on the Home page.   When I highlight the message, and press the Menu button, the only options I get are:

Switch Application

Options

'Switch application' just brings up all the icons again

'Options' just takes me into wallpaper, font sizes etc for the home page

Is there a problem with the Menu button, maybe?  When I go to 'Help' it says I can highlight and delete a message.

Thanks

Jon

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Hey Jon,

I'm afraid I'm not following you here, which should surprise no one.  :smileyhappy:

Seriously, are you saying there are actual notifications in your e-mail inbox for these apps that you are unable to delete?  Or are these simply icons that show on your homescreen that you'd like deleted?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDawson

Hi Boomer

The sequence is:

I get an e-mail notification, and press the Home key.   In my Home page, at the top, I have an Apps download icon alongside my standard messages icon (yellow envelope).   I touch this and this opens a black screen with all my latest messages listed, shown as 3 lists (which is fine):

E-mails

Text messages

Calendar

but I now get an extra list at the bottom, Blackberry Apps World.  I cannot delete the list or the messages in it, or the little download icon at the top of the screen.   Pressing the Menu key just gives me Switch Application or Options.

If I select the message and open it, it just takes me straight into the Blackberry App download screen, where I can download either the offered App or scroll through them all.  Again, no delete function here.

I tried searching Help for an unsubscribe option, not surpisingly there was none to be found.

It's like getting spam but not even being able to delete it - at least you can delete spam!!

Help!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Ok, on your homescreen, select the Optioins icon.  Go to Device>Application Management.  Scroll down to AppWorld and select it.  Press "Delete" at the top of the screen.  Problem solved.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.