If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Angel07
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Indosat

How to upgrade 9810 to OS 7.1

Hi there,

I have a 9810 from ATT with OS 7.0 , when I tried to update OS to 7.1 using BB Desktop software , there is no 7.1 version available.

The only update available is a higher version of 7.0.

What should I do to get OS 7.1 ?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to upgrade 9810 to OS 7.1

Hi Angel07

Welcome to the Community

If you want to Upgrade your device software to 7.1 you can do that. I can see your Carrier Indosat had already released 7.1 for your device model. Carrier .

If you had any problem let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Angel07

Thanks for your response, but how come I didn't see that option to upgrade to 7,1 ?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Angel 07

To Upgrade your Device Software you had to download that 7.1 OS package from your Carrier. If you have problem please try it this way :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carrier

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Try it and let us know if you have any problem.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Angel07

Thanks again, I forgot to tell you that I'm using BB Software Mac version, will this causing my problem?

Where can I downloaded OS 7,1 for Mac version?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Angel 07

I am sorry but you should told me anyway  If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages and your Carrier has released 7.1. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software 

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Angel07

I did that step, but still couldn't find the 7.1 OS . It only show 7.0 latest version. Any other way ?

My BB come from AT&T, but I'm using Indosat SIM Card

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Angel07

Please follow this KB  KB19150 . I can see AT&T has not released 7.1OS for 9810 till now but Indosat has .

Please try it    

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Angel07

All looks the same to me, but I'll give it a try tonite ... thanks a lot Prince2012

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Angel07

I tried to do the update again last night, and is the same result which there is no 7.1 OS appear to be selected.

I talked to the call center guy , but unfortunately he has no idea how to do it on Mac> He said to download 7.1 to the laptop, but when I asked is there any version for Mac he said no.

I borrowed office laptop that run on MS, but when I tried to install BB Desktop software it keep failing, due to missing a program that my attemped to download also failed.

I prefer to do this update on Mac, since I read updating on MS also give a lot of problems, do you have any other solution ? 

Please use plain text.