Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to upgrade 9810 to OS 7.1

Hi Angel 07

As you are on MAC you are not able to update as your original device Carrier AT&T has not released 7.1 till now.If you want to do it on a Mac you had to wait untill AT&T releases 7.1.

If you are using work laptop there may be some Firewall issue as you are unable to download, you have to check or confirm that.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Angel07
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Indosat

Oh, that's why I couldn't find 7.1, do you know when they will release it?

Is it possible to install 7.1 from other operator if I use MS laptop? Will that cause any problem ?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Angel 07

Those OS packages are developed by RIM and passed on to Carrier ,and it is upon Carrier when they release them .

Regarding your update yes you can do that using windows and the steps are as given on # post 04 ,But make sure that you have the administrative right on the PC or laptop when doing it and  after downloading Desktop software and OS pack disconnect your Internet connection from your laptop during manual update process.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Angel07
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Indosat

Once again thanks a lot Prince2012, I will try that

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrankLi
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

By using your method, I successfully upgraded my 9810 to OS 7.1. But I want to input Chinese on my phone. The OS I downloaded was All Language.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

FrankLi wrote :

By using your method, I successfully upgraded my 9810 to OS 7.1. But I want to input Chinese on my phone. The OS I downloaded was All Language.

Hi FrankLi 

Welcome to the Community

Well done ! If you had already Downloaded an OS 7.1 All language pack then Connect your device to BlackBerry Desktop Software then using Application loader you can add Chinese input on your device.Please have a look at

this KB :

KB17208 : How to install and configure East asian language packs on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrankLi

I opened Blackberry Desktop Software, then clicked on Application(I couldn't find the word "loader"), then it showed me all the apps that I've installed, but not the language input that I want to install. Do I need to upgrade the software again to an Asian version? If so, how?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

HiFrankLi

When you Click On Applications On BlackBerry desktop Software what you see is it only the applications that are  install in your device or are you able to see your device Software Installed i;e BlackBerry 7.1 system software. at the top of that screen.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrankLi

Just the applications that are installed.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hi FrankLi

Is your PC connected to Internet if not Connect it then restart Desktop software and try .

Prince

Please use plain text.