Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kosmanenk
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Megafon
Accepted Solution

How to use in Russia

Hello!
I was an exchanged student in the U.S for 1 year, recently I came back. My host family gave me Blackberry Torch as a gift, having arrived to Russia, I tried to use Russian Sim Card, but It asked me for MEP code, I tried to insert my phone number, but it didn't`t work. Now It says 0 left. It still says that my sim card is invalid. Should I ask my host parents for this code? Or how should I explain this code to them? Can I solve this problem myself?
I will appreciate your help 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to use in Russia

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To use a BB on a carrier other than that for which it was originally manufactured, you must enter an MEP code and unlock it from that original carrier. Since you have exhausted the 10 attempts, you no longer can unlock this BB for use on any other carrier than it's original. It's a pity you did not stop before exhausting the 10 attempts because it is very easy to unlock and use, but no longer in your case.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kosmanenk
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Megafon

So there is no any ways I can unlock it again? Even if I can ask my host parents to ask somebody in the US ?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Legally, only the factory can unlock it again. And I've heard that, even if they should agree to, the cost exceeds just buying a new device.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Anday_1
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bee

Hi, just arrived in Russia, I'm from Indonesia and I change my mobile number to Russian number (I use Bee provider). I have BB Torch 9810 and I did pay unlocking blackberry and I get my unlock code, somehow I don't know how to fill in my unlock code, I tried to fill in in the coupon blank but back to the first page. Could you please advise me, how to work it out? Thank you
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Anday_1 wrote:
Hi, just arrived in Russia, I'm from Indonesia and I change my mobile number to Russian number (I use Bee provider). I have BB Torch 9810 and I did pay unlocking blackberry and I get my unlock code, somehow I don't know how to fill in my unlock code, I tried to fill in in the coupon blank but back to the first page. Could you please advise me, how to work it out? Thank you

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please refer to this helpful thread:

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Anday_1
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bee

Thank you for the information, I did follow the instruction after I type MEPD, on the screen appear everything are disable and I don't know how to continue again, I'm kind of lost there :smileysad: And I tried to restart my BB take out the sim card and battery and did again, still not work.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Anday_1 wrote:
on the screen appear everything are disable

Please re-read the second section of the linked post...item #4...from what you describe, your BB may already be unlocked.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.