Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
bacorw
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodaphone

I accidentally changed my 'Message List' to show only 'Missed Calls' - How to edit this? Help please...

I have somehow set my message box to only show missed calls & I can't get it back to showing all messages - could anyone possibly explain how to change it please? 

I have looked in messages options - inbox management & Desktop is ticked as well as text messages.  I also

in ‘phone’, options, call logs and lists, changed ‘Show These Call Log Types in Message List’ to None & it still only shows Missed Call as the title & shows the list.  I looked in the long on-line manual but it didn't help.   Also I tried View Folder to select different mail folders from my desk based Outlook list but still the display is stuck...

Any thoughts?  The messages are there & arrive & the new message indicator shows also.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: I accidentally changed my 'Message List' to show only 'Missed Calls' - How to edit this? Help please...

Hi bacorw,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Have you reinserted your battery after changing the Inbox Management and Call Log display settings? If so, and this did not make any change, this may be caused by an issue with the Messages database on your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9860 smartphone. I would suggest backing up then clearing the Messages database as shown in this KB article. "How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/HPDqUG

I would advise not restoring the Messages from your backup if possible, as this may also restore the message display issue.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bacorw
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: I accidentally changed my 'Message List' to show only 'Missed Calls' - How to edit this? Help please...

Yes Frankie thanks - silly me for listing this before doing the hard re-set which I did a few days after the event& it worked

Please use plain text.
seoc
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

I recently had the same problem & was given the same instructions you gave. I changed the settings yesterday & haven't had an opportunity to test the results. I say test because anytime I removed the battery, the problem went away. The problem wasn't that the missed calls showed in the message list. On the BB, a missed call generates a popup asking if I want to see the missed call. If I press OK, it shows me all the missed calls. Then when I look at my messages or text messages, I see only the same missed call list as previous. I see no emails. This only happened after viewing the missed calls list from the popup. Taking the battery out, the message list returned to only messages. After playing with the Logs & Lists options, I see that isn't the way it's supposed to work. The option had been set to Missed Calls, but I never saw missed calls in my message list. Now if I toggle between Missed & None, the missed calls are on & off in the message list. My BB Torch 9810 is relatively new to me, is a work device, & was setup by work techs. Is the missed option a default setting? Is this a known issue?

Please use plain text.