Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kthomaspainting
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

I am having problems with setting up a email account in my phone.

I had to have my phone refreshed at my local ATT store. Now I have tried to set up my email accounts and it will only pull  enterprise activation  and  can not get past it !!! Even the tech at the ATT store told me to get a hold of you never set this up on my phone and do not want it on my phone. How do I get this problem fixed ???

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: I am having problems with setting up a email account in my phone.

Confirm with them that you have the correct blackberry data plan on your account.  Next, from the device go to blackberry.com/integrate and try to setup your email.

My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

I still having problems setting up my email accounts. I did not work . what should i do next ???

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if only enterprise activation shows then you dont have a BlackBerry dataplan with your carrier or can try this

On the handset, go to:

For OS5 and 4.x
Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table
and click Register now, and escape back to the home page.

For OS6 and higher
in options, device , advanced, host routing table, click on menu and choose register now.

Wait 2 minutes and see if registration to network happens.

Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers
- scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

What error are you getting?  Did you confirm with AT&T that you have the correct blackberry data plan?  Without that plan, it will not work.

My Device: BB PB 64Gb (Two) & Bold 9900 / Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

G'day...

I might be wrong but seems to me that this IS NOT your original phone!

Enterprise is activated by "Administrators" of certain domains; either ATT switched the phone by mistake or (if they are able to do it!) activated "Entreprise" profile.

As I said, I might be wrong... Just a thought!

(And then again, if this is the case, you have to go back to the ATT store or as alternative... Wipe clean your phone).

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

The first step is to verify that you have the correct blackberry data plan.  I don't think a wipe will help in this case for now.  The carrier can push the correct service books if needed for blackberry internet service.

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

VolvoBerry wrote:

G'day...

I might be wrong but seems to me that this IS NOT your original phone!

Enterprise is activated by "Administrators" of certain domains; either ATT switched the phone by mistake or (if they are able to do it!) activated "Entreprise" profile.

As I said, I might be wrong... Just a thought!

(And then again, if this is the case, you have to go back to the ATT store or as alternative... Wipe clean your phone).

Good luck!

All devices have enterprise activation with out a dataplan assigned and can be removed once BIS service books are pushed.

many times AT&T reps will mess up the dataplan, happen here all the time with my corp account.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
VolvoBerry
My Device: BB PB 64Gb (Two) & Bold 9900 / Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

Yes, I'm aware of that... I'm wondering why he left the store with "Entreprise" activated (?!?)

In any case (as suggested before - not by me!) AT&T store should solve the problem... Typical in the last ten years, some "businesses" are taking the money and playing "dumb" afterwords!

And talking about AT&T messing up... I've been there twice (Don't laugh! Second time was today! :smileyvery-happy: HA, Ha, ha!)

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,846
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I had ATT, tmo, and vzw, all, for several years. The enterprise activation icon remains on a BIS only account even once activated on BIS. I've never had it go away once the BIS service books were pushed, even on ATT.

The OP didn't get leave the store with an enterprise activation. The icon is just there. He simply needs to call ATT and get the new device pin and IMEI placed on his account.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.