Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

cheesemaster5
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

I can't access the email accounts setup.

I just got an email on my phone saying that I need to validate the password for the email I had registered on my phone. So I went to the setup and clicked the Email Accounts option and nothing happened. I tried pressing again and it won't open up the settings for the email accounts setup. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: I can't access the email accounts setup.

For your Blackberry email client, find out for your carrier's service the web page address for the remote Blackberry email server setup. Use your PC computer to login and do the setup for now.

From what I was told, there are some issues with the Torch using the built in email client setup software. This is soon supposed to be fixed.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

As Jerry said, there are known issues with the on-device e-mail setup wizard.  Also, he advised you to use your carrier's web-based BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) account, which in your case is att.blackberry.com.

You can also try the following two options:

1. From your device browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup.

2. Use the information in this article to download another e-mail setup application onto your device.

One of these methods will get you back on track. :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
LindaAitchison
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

Thanks. I used option (1.) which was successful. There must be a bug with the email setup menu on the handheld device. I highly recommend using this option:

1. From your device browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I have the same issue with the Torch. It seems to be taking forever for RIM to fix it. I read many people have the same problem.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
estherj02
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with AT&T and Blackberry Tech Support.

They were pretty helpful, it's just a bit tiring that I had to explain my situation 4 times to 4 different people, but at least every one of them were friendly and helpful (kinda).

But next time, if you guys call your service provider (mine is AT&T), ask them to connect you to the Blackberry Tech Support right away if you're having this problem.

So it is true that the blackberry torch is having problems with the Email Account Setup, and there are several solutions to that.

1) Like the guy on top said, go to your blackberry browser -> mobile.blackberry.com -> Communicate -> Email -> Personal Email -> Integrate Now -> Launch Email Setup

2) Use the information in this article to download another E-mail Setup Application onto your device.

3) you can connect your blackberry via USB to your computer, and upgrade the Operating System to OS7. That should correct that problem, too.

Good luck!

-E

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

estherj02 wrote:

3) you can connect your blackberry via USB to your computer, and upgrade the Operating System to OS7. That should correct that problem, too.

Good luck!

-E

This is only true if you have the Torch 9810.  You cannot load OS 7 onto a Torch 9800.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
cdibosbb
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: SFR

I was not even registered as a memeber here, but I had to after I read your instructions, followed them and after 3 months of no answers from anywhere, I got my accounts back. THANK YOU !

Please use plain text.
Visitor
yerima001
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: want to have a solution to my phone and solve my friends' problems

hello, I tried first option but it says "origin server returned 500 status" am using BB torch 9800, any other option plz?

Yerima.

Please use plain text.
jpinchefsky
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Option 1 seems to have been removed or moved - do you know where the page may have been moved to?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.