Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Bquinnly
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

I can't get my text message notifier to change any advice?

I went into the change sounds and alerts menu then sounds for selected profile and changed the text message notifier. Every other ringtone and message notifier I changed (i.e. Email) has worked fine. It's not a huge problem just a little annoying. Any advice?
dsheila
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: I can't get my text message notifier to change any advice?

I am having the same problems. I am trying to set a text message ringtone for a specific contact but it's not working. Someone please help. I've had a blackberry for some time now so I know how to do it.

New Contributor
Bquinnly
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: I can't get my text message notifier to change any advice?

As with a few of the other posts I have read this was a matter of getting more familiar with the phone. There are two reasons the text message tone wouldn't work: 1) the number format seems to work better when entered 17031234567 rather then having dashes or leaving the one off. 2) if a person has a customized ring tone their message tone has to be changed and because I had not done that every text I received from some one with a custom ringtone had a preset text tone. I hope this helps anyone out who had the same problem.