Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch9800

I can't log into BBM with my BBid on my two devices after I upgraded my BBM

I have recently upgraded my BBM and now I can't log into BBM on my BB phone, without my husband losing his link to BBM on his phone.  We have the two devices under one email address, and it has been fine for almost 2 years! Suddenly I upgrade my BBM and then when prompted to log in again, our two BBM ids are merged.  The BBM contacts list contains both of our BBM friends contact from both of our phones, and will only allow one of us to be on BBM at a time.  We cannot BBM each other, and now he gets all our (both his and mine ) BBM messages, when he is signed in, and I automatically sign him out when I try to sign in to my BBM, and receive all our (both his and mine) messages.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10

Re: I can't log into BBM with my BBid on my two devices after I upgraded my BBM

As your BBM lists are now associated with your Blackberry ID you will need to create a new blackberry Id for one of your phones. I don't believe there is a way to separate your merged lists unless you have a backup somewhere.
New Contributor

should I do a restore from the back ups that I have on my home computer? I have backed up both phones on my desktop.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10

Once you have setup the phones so they have separate blackberry ids you should be able to do a selective restore of only the BBM list using desktop manager to the phone with a NEW blackberry Id. For the phone you are using the existing blackberry Id on, as the list is now backed up online automatically using the BBID I'm not sure how doing a selective restore would affect that phone - if you don't have that many contacts it may just be worth deleting the unwanted contacts from that list.
New Contributor

so I can just make a new blackberry id and associate my phone to it, and then just start anew with the contacts list with the old ID, I will remove the unwanted contacts from hubby's phoneand then restore my contacts to my phone with a new BBID. thank you I will try that!