Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
william3121
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Optus Australia

I cannot receive or send emails from by Blackberry

I recently changed my password on my email account via my PC. Now I can't receive or send any emails from by Blackberry.

I received a message on my phone advising me that I needed to validate the password in the Blackberry Internet Service by :

- Going to the Home Screen > Setup Icon > Email Accounts. 

When I do this I can't open the Email accounts icon on my Blackberry phone. I don't know whether thes is a fault with the phone but I am getting the message "Unable to open email set up application. Contact your wireless service provider".

There is also another option available to change the password and that is by using a browser on my computer to visit the Blackberry Internet Service Web site and change the email password there.

When I open the web site I am given  two options:

- for existing users put in a user name and password - I don't know whether I am registered, so

-  create an account - key in device PIN and IMEI - which I do, but when I do this I get a message that the Blackberry device is not registered and to contact my wireless service provider. (I believe the device is registered, as it says so on the device). 

My mobile phone provider (which I assume is my wireless service provider) says they can't help. Are they fobbing me off or should I contact my internet service provider, which is different company to my mobile phone service? I 

I can still access the web browser on my Blackberry so the internet is available.

Can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I cannot receive or send emails from by Blackberry

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To start...yes, your carrier is fobbing you off. You pay them for all of your mobile services, and that includes all of your support surrounding those services, of which email is one. So, right now, they are delivering neither service nor support to you in this regard. They have, btw, the ability (indeed responsibility!) to escalate cases into BlackBerry that they cannot handle...it seems they did not do that either. You may want to try again...training and experience levels of each individual agent can, sadly, be quite variable. You want to be sure that you get escalated within their own arena as well...they may well have a dedicated BB support staff, many carriers do so as to reduce their escalations up to BlackBerry.

The errors you are getting are a bit concerning...and may well indicate a problem with your BIS account. But, sad to say, your BIS account is managed by your mobile service provider. So you may well wind up having to continue to deal with them.

But first, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Now see if you can get into the on-device email configuration wizard...you indeed need to do so, as it has stored still your old email credentials, and you need to update those to that which you changed.

If you still cannot get into the on-device wizard, then next try, from your BB Browser, this URL

That sometimes can work when the on-device wizard fails.

I would normally next suggest the carrier BIS site from a PC/browser...but you've already tried that, with no success either. Therefore, if all of these fail, you will need to again contact your provider and insist that they deliver the services and support for which you pay them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
william3121

Thank you very much for replying to my cry for help.

I have followed your instruction (1).

In regard to instruction (2) I have deleted the service books. However, I haven't been able to resend the service books to my BlackBerry® smartphone as I still can't open the Email icon in the Set Up folder (which is my origonal problem -  not being able to open the Email icon in this folder).

I haven't tried to go to the BlackBerry Internet Service web site as previously I haven't been able to get in.

As I have not been able to complete the actions in Instruction (2) and the service books have now been deleted, I have not proceeded further at this stage.

Can you offer any further suggestions, or should I just go to my telephine service provider.

Maybe the phone applications are starting to break down??

Cheers and thanks again for your advice so far.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

william3121 wrote:

I have followed your instruction (1).

Just to be clear...and the result was as documented? A "registration" message arriving on your BB?

william3121 wrote:

In regard to instruction (2) I have deleted the service books. However, I haven't been able to resend the service books to my BlackBerry® smartphone as I still can't open the Email icon in the Set Up folder (which is my origonal problem -  not being able to open the Email icon in this folder).

I haven't tried to go to the BlackBerry Internet Service web site as previously I haven't been able to get in.

As I have not been able to complete the actions in Instruction (2) and the service books have now been deleted, I have not proceeded further at this stage.

Can you offer any further suggestions, or should I just go to my telephine service provider.

All of the methods for resending the Service Books are within the linked KB...it seems that Methods 1 and 2 will not work for you, so that leaves only Method 3 in that KB, which it sounds like you have not yet tried.

You might be able to substitute the next method I provided...that of going, on your BB Browser, to www.blackberry.com/integrate. I'm do not think that will allow you to manually send the Service Books, but perhaps it will repopulate the email configuration, which would include the Service Books.

william3121 wrote:

Maybe the phone applications are starting to break down??

Anything is possible. This whole process is one of deduction, and trying to avoid the more destructive "fixes" until later.

I do think you likely should try to work with your carrier.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
william3121

Thanks. I have gone back to my carrier. They have put me on to Blackberry support (telephone help centre) and I am now going through the problem with them.. I will just have to wait and see how it works out..
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent...that is exactly how escalated support is supposed to work. Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.