Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Harves3001
My Device: Torch

Re: I have uncaught exception java lang index out of bounds exception when I click text message icon and it wont open

Hi again.

Yep mine started working again too. Not straight away but a few days and a few restarts later, after I had cleared some old texts out.

Thanks for your help

Harves

Please use plain text.
asterix1979
My Device: BlackberryTorch 9800

Re: I have uncaught exception java lang index out of bounds exception when I click text message icon and it wont open

Hello all,

I have recently had an upgrade to a blackberrytorch9800 that was purchased through carphone warehouse (uk) under orange provider, and have this same problem as described by all :-( could this be a common anomaly in many bb9800s? A lot of people seem to be suffering. I start to wonder...I have only had the phone two weeks and this particular software gliche is frustrating, it is not because my sms inbox is full, as I only have about two dozen messages in there to date. The other problem I seem to be having (in my short serenade with the torch 9800) is receiving a text but not receiving it in entirety, in other words, it brings up part of the text and it says 'receiving text' where the other part is missing, but never receives it - even after a lengthy period of time. Does anybody know what causes this exactly?

Please use plain text.
diwiwong
My Device: 9800 torch

I have the same problem nate. Last time I had it was 3 months ago. Blackberry arnt doing owt about it. Last time I took my phome into the shop I bought it from. They made sure everything was backed up via wifi, then did a security wipe. I lost any unopen texts and a few shortcuts to websites I had installed. In my area there int wifi so again the shop did everthing for me. Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
Jordan1493
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

NEW POSSIBLE SOLUTION...

This may not be the same for everyone else but i tried the deleting old texts approach, which got me no where however i did get into my messages folder (not my text messages) which i then changed the settings to allow Text msgs to be shown aswell i then found the original broken file causing the error,

It was a strange text saved as 4+2+2* and would not allow anything else to load on the screen properly that was near it such as other messages  i managed to select it using the touch screen and delete it using the keyboard backspace button, this then solved it for me. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ajithsasidharan
My Device: 9800

:Clap: Yes !!! Thanks a ton !!!

Its working.. Just open the contact by clicking text contact and delete the previous texts and its works..

Please use plain text.
Lemonnana
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

Hey,

I have the same problem, the uncaught exception, when i try to open my BBM or phone log it isnt letting me do it also i've took out the battery sim card and it is still saying the same.

Please help me :catsad: 

THANKS 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lash_sk
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi there,

I was facing the same issue. I tried all of the above. 

1. Formatted the memory card ( dint help)

2. Deleted old text messages ( dint help)

3. Cleared old conversations from BBM and every other chat messenger i have ( dint help)

4. tried the tips on this link (WORKED!!)

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2011/09/07/how-to-improve-the-speed-of-your-blackberry-for-os-5-and-os...

There is a lot of cached data on BB and sometimes that could be the issue. Please try the steps provided in the link above. It only deletes cached and temp data. None of your personal stuff. Works like a dream. I am a happy girl again! :Clap:

Please use plain text.