Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

I'm in trouble

I have a Torch 9800 which I have used relatively problem free for a couple of years. In the last few months however, the phone has beem ramdomly rebooting, sometimes mid call, for no apparent reason. I have never been a great one for connecting to PC, syncing and that sort of thing but decided that my best option to sort this out was to seek a software update. Discovering one was available, I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop software and its update and proceeded to connect my phone to it. Yes, an update for the phone OS was available, IOS 6. I confirmed the update and off it went. The first time I tried, the software detected the phone and connected to it. The process got as far as reboot (so say a few minutes)but after 20 minutes or so, I received a message telling me that the software could not connect to the device, even though it had clearly connected and gone through the installation process. After retrying 3 or 4 times, with the same results, I disconnected. The phone screen said app error 200 so I rebooted the pc (just to be sure) and went through the same process again. Connected to the device no problem but the same stubble at phone reboot occured. I now have the same App 200 message but the BB desktop software will not connect to the phone. I have tried different cables. uninstalling and re-installing the desktop software but it makes no difference. White Scree, App 200 and out of ideas. Suggestions other than 'bin' gratefully received.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: I'm in trouble

Hello norby28,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please try this Knowledge Base to resolve your issue with this Error :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

I hope you already have a backup of your device , Or if you device allow first do a backup .

Additional Information can be found here :

KB30100 :  "JVM 200" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Try it and let us know if you feel any issue.

VIA |  Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/error-app-200/m-p/2484385#M200531

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

Thanks for such a quick response. I am running version 7.1.0.41 of desktop software and none of the Knowledge base instructions (11320 & 10144) are available options I sthere another knowledge base article that can help?

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks very much for your assistance. Unfortunately, when I got to the point where I plugged in the battery-less phone, no Com Port info came up and the drop down box where it should have been was completely blank. Still can't connect to the phone. Any more advice?

Super Contributor
My Device: iPhone 5s
My Carrier: Telus

Try again. These procedures are very timing sensitive, but it's virtually certain to get your device back to a working state. I used to fix a lot of devices for friends that were in that state...you just have to have patience and keep trying.

Yes, desktop manager should have been built to fix this - really a glaring oversight by BB considering how often it happens.

New Contributor

I'll keep at it. thanks.