Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
meera_kanata
My Device: Torch 9800

I would like to setup a new email account on my Torch, currently locked out of email.my password.

[ Edited ]

I would like to set up a new email account on my Toch, currently locked out of email account settings because I have forgotten my password. Please help - thanks!

[title edited for clarity]

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I would like to setup a new email account on my Torch, currently locked out of email account settings because I have forgotten my password. Please help - thanks!

Article ID: KB04553 Set up a BlackBerry email address for your BlackBerry Internet Service account

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meera_kanata

Re: I would like to setup a new email account on my Torch, currently locked out of email account settings because I have forgotten my password. Please help - thanks!

as soon as I select Email Settings I have to login, I can't use the "forgot password" button b/c it sends the password to an email from a job I left, that's why I want to change the email address/account settings on my BB in the first place.. not sure what to do..

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ah, then you need to call your mobile provider and have them delete the BIS from your account and re-add, and you should be able to set it up again fresh as new.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meera_kanata

ok I'll try that -  thank you!

Please use plain text.