Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
dbailey18
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Icon ?

[ Edited ]

I cannot figure what this is .  Cannot get rid of it.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu251/dbailey18/Black.jpg

Only mine does not have the little red star in it and has a number one to the right of it.

Have checked for updates but says none are needed.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Icon ?

Hello,

That's an AppWorld update notification...either for AppWorld itself or for an app you have installed from AppWorld. Normally, you go into AppWorld and apply any updates. If the icon does not clear, then I suggest a message search:

• KB21879How to search for unread messages on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dbailey18

Well you did not have the answer and you did not read my posting. I will say it again I have already checked for updates and that includes any and everything on this phone  . Torch 9800.  The KB article you have linked to ( How to search for unread msg's ) I have already been down that route also. NOTHING !  I will give a Like's when the time comes . Still trouble shooting for now.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

dbailey18 wrote:

Well you did not have the answer and you did not read my posting.

Really? You know what I did? Amazing powers you have, my friend!

dbailey18 wrote:

I will say it again I have already checked for updates and that includes any and everything on this phone  .

Your original statement was "Have checked for updates but says none are needed." That could mean many different things (including OS updates, which would do nothing for this situation), so I decided to give you the specific method that would normally apply to the icon you reported.

dbailey18 wrote:

The KB article you have linked to ( How to search for unread msg's ) I have already been down that route also. NOTHING !

No need to yell...after all, you did not say that in your original post, now did you?

I am sorry that you are so upset with my gentle (and, btw, voluntary) attempts to help you. Good luck, and I will leave you alone.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dbailey18

[ Edited ]

Later . ( I said that very, very softly .)  I apologize for yelling and will not do it again never meant to upset you nor belittle you in any way. I understand I  did not  explain the situation very well but I am no dummy either. I assumed the image would be enough to help some one out in knowing exactly what it was in reference too. I mean a picture is a picture.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dbailey18

Solved  !  :Rockon:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

dbailey18 wrote:

I assumed the image would be enough to help some one out in knowing exactly what it was in reference too.

Due to the size of your phone's screen, it's almost impossble to put "so-and-so app has an update", so BlackBerry just directs you to BlackBerry World to see what update(s) is/are available.  So unless I'm missing something here, sdgardne fully answered your question.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dbailey18

Nope .
Please use plain text.