If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
tridentt150v
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Telstra

Importing Contacts from LG to 9800

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I tried doing this using the SIM, but found that this only carreid over the first phone number and no extra numbers or email addresses.  So then I exported from the LG to my desktop [using a USB connection] and then tried importing this file, but the 9800 didn't like it at all.

So then I swapped the SIM to the 9800 and used the Blackberry Desktop Manager to export an ascii file to my desktop computer.  This gave me a file with """" a million quotation marks in it which made it way too hard to edit and add numbers etc to it.  So I imported this to an XL file [using the header labels from the 9800] and edited my info.  When I tried to import this to the Blackberry, it recognised the file OK, but wouldn't transfer the info across. So I then saved the XL file as a csv but this didn't work either.

My basic question is, what can I use to import my contact list, and what do you use to maintain it if XL won't work?

i did search on this topic, and read a few KB's as well as other threads, but nobody has done this [or my searches didn't find them].  So I apologies in advance if I didn't stumble onto the correct KB/thread and answer.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Importing Contacts from LG to 9800

did you solve your issue?
if you have not, please indicate the KB articles you have tried so far.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tridentt150v
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Importing Contacts from LG to 9800

No, I punched them in manually........couldn't wait for an answer that was going to take days.

This is my first time owning an android unit, and I have to say that for a so called smart phone, it is pretty dumb.  I find it incongruous that such 'household appliances' don't talk to the most basic of computer softwares such as word and excel yet they are capable of uploading jpgs, mp3's and movie's.  I can't figure that one out.

Please use plain text.