Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

caheey
My Device: 9800 Torch

In Holster/Out Of Holster with different ringtones...

I recently switched from a Bold 9000 to a new Torch 9800 with the new OS 6.0.  On my Bold I could set one ringtone for In Holster @ one volume and a different ringtone @ a different volume for Out Of Holster within the same profile.  So far this seems impossible with the new operating system.  Seems I can only set one ringtone and one vibrate for each profile.  Am I missing something?

New Contributor
Peggy99
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: In Holster/Out Of Holster with different ringtones...

You're not missing something; that functionality - which existed on the Curve model I had - was dropped with this version of the O/S on the Bold 9900.

I want it back; setting a different ringtone and volume for my alerts when in or out of the holster was incredibly useful for me - and I can't get over how this could have been dropped.

New Contributor
Dex138
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: In Holster/Out Of Holster with different ringtones...

[ Edited ]

Incredibly useful for me too, I seriously need to have this functionality back. Really tired of having to go into my phone and turning down the volume every time I take it out of its holster. Please bring this back!