Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Hogger38
My Device: Not Specified

Inbox problems

Mail was easy to set up and seem to receive all. But receved email dissappears after a day. Only thing that remains is copies of letters I send or replies I send out. Not too serious as emails remain on laptop at home but a pain on the road when I want reference an older email.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Inbox problems

First off, can you say if you 9800 is a personal device on a personal BIS account or a corporate-issued device on a employer BES account?

How is your email setup?

Are you deleting email from your Outlook or email server via the web?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Hogger38

Thx for quick reply. 9800 is a new personal device. I am completely new to smart phones. To set up my email on the BB I simply went to email set up, entered my email address and then my password ( it is a telus account I have had for yearts). Started receiving emails right away. Have a few laptops at home and one of the removes them from server the rest leave copies on server. To be clear if I look at my emails on my torch it only show the ones I received in approx last 24 hrs but all sent, forwards, and replies I have sent remain. Thx
JSanders

For starters, the laptop which is set to delete emails from the server, I would disable that function. That could solve your problem, if your email account server is a IMAP account which will reconcile deleted emails from the server to the handheld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Hogger38

It is my experience that if one comp doesn't remove from Telus server then server inbox fills and I can't receive anymore emails. I am receiving emails no problem on my torch, the problem is they are dissappearing after about a day. (Exceot for original activation emails which still remain)however email saves all that I send out. Sry probably not very good at explaining myself, have read forums but never participated in one.
JSanders

Hogger38 wrote:
It is my experience that if one comp doesn't remove from Telus server then server inbox fills and I can't receive anymore emails. I am receiving emails no problem on my torch, the problem is they are dissappearing after about a day. (Exceot for original activation emails which still remain)however email saves all that I send out. Sry probably not very good at explaining myself, have read forums but never participated in one.

Ok, but I really don't understand that, in red. I thought we were dealing with the missing emails on your device, not that you were no longer receiving emails?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Hogger38

You're correct received emails are dissappearing from my bb after it receives them. Stuff in red not explained well maybe.... Telus is my service provider and when I don't download email into my inbox from my server for an extended time then it fills up and gives message to those trying to email me that my telus inbox is full and can't receve anymore. So if none of my comps or devices remove it from server it fills up. Like you said my prroblem is simply that emails I receive on my new torch are gone after a day. I thought maybe they just went to a different file I was unaware of? Or I had a screwed up setting but I can't find anything.
Regular Contributor

I get the same issue with my Btinternet account. If I access it via a computer, the phone then wipes itself of emals.

Weird

Not a problem now as I am used to it and rearly use my pc anymore
If i help solve your problem, Click that button to the right of the screen.

Thank you very much.

Rob