Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Installed new apps, no icons? Re-installed, still no icons. Help!!!

So this has been going on for some time now. When I install any new apps, once it is finished no icons show up ANYWHERE to shortcut to the program. I go into application managment and its there. For example, the facebook app does not show an icon and I cannot find it even in a "universal search". Yet when I go to application managament, it says its properly installed. I recently did a full wipe on the device including 3rd party apps and still it does the same thing. What gives????????

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Installed new apps, no icons? Re-installed, still no icons. Help!!!

Do you have panels,you know like All,Favorite,Frequent and most important Downloads.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor

Yes, I still have all the panels " favorties, downloads". In downloads there is nothing, even though I downloaded both facebook and appworld recently.

Forums Advisor I

Did you already have them? Because it loads in where they were.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Forums Advisor I

Look in folders, click show all apps under menu on favorite panel.
New Contributor

I tried it and those apps are nowhere. It's like there's a registering problem. Possibly at the appworld policy level?
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I

Well there is one other thing you can try. At the top of your screen under the time do you have a search bar,if so type in one of the apps that is missing click search in menu list on left and if it's there the icon will be right below the bar, click it.