Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

caolanoh
My Device: Torch 9800

Internet connection browser error!

hi im with o2-uk and my 3g internet signal is fine, although when i try to connect to the internet such as youtube, facebook, twitter etc i get the following message

Your device does not currently have any Browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your devicethen it says...

uncaught exception: the rendering engine has already been destroyed.

Can someone please advise how to fix this problem? I've tried deleting and undeleting service books, registering the host registration thingy etc but nothing works :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Internet connection browser error!

Hello caolanoh

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you sure you have an active BlackBerry / BIS data plan from your Carrier O2 ? 

Have you ever been able to use those application on your 9800 , When you registered and recend service book for your device , did you recieved those registration message in your message box ?

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
caolanoh

hi,

Thanks for your reply....The phone used to be a Vodafone pay monthly contract phone in Republic of ireland. I had it unlocked so i could use it as an O2 pay and go phone in northern ireland. When im int he house i can use the WI FI for apps like facebook and whats app etc although when im not in a wifi zone i cant use any browser apps.

Im using a pay and go black berry bolt on....unfortunately nothing is working for me.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

To use those BlackBerry application over our Mobile Network we need a BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS in your SIM account from our Carrier , can you confirm if you have it in your account ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
caolanoh

hi as far as im aware i do not have this on my current sim ! do you know how i could get this?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi caolanoh

It is very easy , all you have to do is contact your Carrier O2 and let them activate BIS ( BlackBerry Internet services ) in your account , Once it's activated you can use those application over your Mobile network . 

So , Call your Carrier O2 .

Please use plain text.