Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T Mobile

Internet use on Torch9800 with T Mobile

I use a Torch on T-Mobile plan.  They are not able to get the internet option going on it.  After two hours at their shop their tech says I need to contact Blackberry.  There is no number to call them and I am resorting to those of you out there who might have solved such a problem.

Please helllllllp. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Internet use on Torch9800 with T Mobile

There are a few posts here on how to get the service books so you can access the web. You do have it unlocked right?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

There are posts all over the internet on how to get the service books installed, as well as how to get UMA working.  UMA is a bit trickier but can be done. 

Google is your friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9000

We had a whole bunch of people trying to get it work on T-mobile.  Since the Torch has the new 6.0 firmware on there, there have been some service book issues with T-mobile USA as well as Telus Canada.  From what I understand, the service books have been updated and you should be able to use it without any problems.

A quick guide to reroute the service books from your Torch would be to go to options -> device info -> advanced options -> host routing tables -> press the menu button and click register now.  If you see the new service books come in, then it means it's working.  Hope it works for you!

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's not a matter of the OS.  It's because TMobile doesn't recognize the Torch as a BB device and can't send the service books.  You have to load the service books manually.  This thread should help:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch-9800-smartphone/Browser-Confuguration/m-p/59...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

hey i am having the same problems as well did you figure out how to fix it if yes can you advise me ?

Guru I

I posted a link above that tells how to fix it.