Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Anrchyst
My Device: 9850,9300

Inverted Screen

Hi ive seen the other topics re this issue.

I also have encountered the Inverted Screen issue. I have not replaced any hardware have made several upgrades to software. the device has never gotten wet, has had 1 fall onto carpet so should not have gotten major damage.

carrier: Bmobile (Trinidad)

Model info and OS version :9850  OS 7.1 Bundle 1737

Battery Pull Does not fix issue.

Issue occured with no additional apps

Issue first occured a few months ago.left the device to update overnight and when i woke had a blank screen.(possible backlighting issue)

battery pulled brought the device to life with an inverted screen. 

downgraded software problem resolved but then returned.

put device aside for a cpl months battery out no media or sim card installed

charged phone and it worked well no inverted screen.

backlighting issues returned. screen wud dim out. still active but unable to be seen unless exposed to bright light.

a couple battery pulls or patience wud usually be required for issue to go away

updated os. device worked well still with backlighting issues

backlight refused to come back on, 

opended device reconnected all cables snugly.

screen comes on properly but now inverted again.,

locking screen brings back back lighting issue battery pull solves but still inverted.

screen still inverted on all osés

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Inverted Screen

Is this on a Torch 9850?

Have you tried running the diagnostics? Go to Options >type Status in the search bar. On the Status page type the letters T E S T. You won't see anything being typed but the device will enter a diagnostics mode where you can diagnose and test many of the device's capabilities.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Anrchyst

thats gonna be hard to do with an inverted screen but ill try it

New Contributor
Anrchyst

unable to get to the diagnostics too many screen issues. sigh. trying to install the soti pocket controller to try an access it that way

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I think it's time to contact your carrier for a warranty replacement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Anrchyst

im already out of the warranty period so no replacement there.,

and i kinda wanna solve this problem cuz as ive seen on other forums its happened to other ppl

Guru I
John_Clark

I googled and found a few instances of this problem but no solutions. If a full wipe and reload of the OS does not solve it then it is some kind of hardware issue and it is unlikley you're going to fix it.
menorcarob
My Device: torch 9800

i have this problem, when i can get it to boot if i play with the slider the screen inverts and does loads of funny things, i am now going to try to get a flex cable as that is all it can be

yuichristian
My Device: Style 9670

There's 3 ways

1- Downgrade to version 7.0 Bundel 2406

2- Upgrade to 7.1 version

3- Use "Engineering Screen Contents"(Hold back and tap topleft -topright -topleft -topright -topleft)

open LCD- "LCD Autodect: disabled"- make it Enabled!

done

New Contributor
rickkel
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9850

I have tried the first two steps (which does not fix this issue). I cannot do #3 even though my phone is unlocked because I cannot get into the "Engineering Screen". I can get into the Help Screen using this tapping method, but the only Engineering options I can see or find are when you press the BlackBerry button a "CDMA & GPS Engineering Info" screen or a "EVDO Engineering Info" screen. Neither refer to the LCD.

This is very frustrating. I've been up almost 24 hours trying to fix this. There are no real solutions anywhere on the web.