Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

jbass
My Device: PlayBook

Is BlackBerry really still in the marketplace?

I have had a BlackBerry for more than 10 years, but I am getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of Apps/compatibility.

The BBC Weather App is not available for BlackBerry, the Times (My Times Plus) does not cater for BlackBerry. So many things do not work on both my phone (Torch) and PlayBook.

I am considering dropping BlackBerry when I next changemy phone as it is just so limiting now. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Is BlackBerry really still in the marketplace?

Hello,

To answer your subject line question...yes, definitely.

jbass wrote:

but I am getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of Apps/compatibility.

The BBC Weather App is not available for BlackBerry, the Times (My Times Plus) does not cater for BlackBerry. So many things do not work on both my phone (Torch) and PlayBook.

Please understand that, in perhaps 99.99% of cases, BlackBerry does not decide what apps will function on what platforms. Rather, the app developers must choose the platforms they will support. With BB, it is complicated by the fact that an app must be ported to each specific BB model number and OS level combination that the developer chooses to support...an app for an 8520 on OS5 simply will not run on a 9860 with OS7.1. Many developers choose a subset of platforms to support, and port their apps accordingly. But, if there are any specific apps that you desire, then the proper place for your request is to the app developer, for it is they who are in control, not BlackBerry.

jbass wrote:

I am considering dropping BlackBerry when I next changemy phone as it is just so limiting now. 

I always say -- there is a plethora of choice in our marketplace specifically because no one device is perfect for any individuals unique set of needs, desires, and tolerance levels. If you choose to move away from BlackBerry, then all we can do is wish you Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.