Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pawan_285
My Device: 9800

Is the bill necessary to avail warranty of my 9800

Hey I got this 9800 from my cousin and he lost the bill during shifting home! So how can I check about how much warranty is left and is that possible to avail warranty without bill!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Is the bill necessary to avail warranty of my 9800

It could get a bit tricky.  If you're using the same carrier as him, you might be able to check up on the phone's status.  Whether the carrier would even honor a warranty to someone other than the original purchaser is up to them.  If you're with another carrier, they won't honor any warranty because the phone wasn't purchased from them.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
pawan_285

In India we can buy blackberry phone directly from BB outlet or from any other retail outlet so we can use any service provider! And we have to avail warranty directly to BB service centers! So in that case tell me , there would be any problem from availing warranty without bill?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

That's different than in many parts of the world and for that reason I would refer you to a BB outlet or other retail outlet for a correct response.  The best we could do here is guess and that would not be to your advantage.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: is the bill neccery to avail warranty of my 9800

You can ask you cousin to call the mobile service and know the info on behalf of you! Definitely they will ask for some verification which your cousin will be able to do! (provided that it's carrier locked device)

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
pawan_285

no it's not a carrier locked device! ican use any service provider sim!

New Contributor
Shivaprasadm
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi

Warranty is void unless you have the bill or after exceeding the warranty period.

I had a issue with my phone & I had lost the bill. I went to the store I bought (The Mobile Store, Bangalore), gave them my imei number & gave me a reprint of the bill. Check if you could do that.