Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
jffs
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Issues with Torch on Orange (UK)

I've been on the phone with Orange every other day for the past week. On Wednesday 27th Oct, one gentleman from Orange data support even had the cheek to tell me that everything is fine on Orange's end and that it was a fault on my phone. Then this morning I get a call from Orange again telling me that a fix has just been launched today and asked me to do HRT registration, batt pull etc again. Since then it has been working fine (10 minutes), but I'm not holding my breath. I am utterly fed up and frustrated with Orange by now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jffs
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Surprise surprise BIS service is back to its usual randomly-on-randomly-off self again. Called up Orange on 150, asked to speak to Kirsty (who was the lady who called me this morning) and the person who answered 'could not find Kirsty in their directory'. She then asked me to do a battery pull (which i told her I've done many many many times now) and it still didnt work. Then got passed on to Level 2 tech support and spoke to a guy called Dave. He tells me that the problem is happening on all Blackberry Torch devices with a certain imei number all over the world on different networks and that RIM are aware of it and are collating the problems. He also says that he has informed Level 3 Technical Support Analyst (which is one level above him) and they will liase with RIM to get it fixed.

I suspect there's more to this than what he's claiming because I've popped my Orange sim card into my Blackberry Bold 9000 and the same problem happens. I told him that and he said 'it should work' and then went on about how this problem is device (Torch) specific.

And so for now I am supposed to put up with this and wait for them to ring me back.

Please use plain text.
heablade
My Device: torch
My Carrier: orange

[ Edited ]

any one had any luck on this?

I am having the same problem and it is really annoying!!!!

Oh and it seemed to be fine before i connected my WiFi up and then disabled the WiFi i don't know if that has anything to do with it

Please use plain text.
lalelu
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Orange UK

Any luck anyone?

I have the same problems, but it seems that it got worse after unlocking it!

Please use plain text.