Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

cburgess
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Issues with enterprise activation

Has anyone encountered an issue with the enterprise activation with the Torch.

I have verified with ATT at I am on the Enterprise plan

I have verified with my company that I am inputting the correct email address and password

I have done the diagnostic test and its completed successfully

I continue to see "contacting server...."

it never connects and then I get "the blackberry enterprise server has not responded to your activation request.  an error may have occurred.

The options are to retry the activation, cancel the activation or more details

when I click on more details

I get the following:

"The email address has been entered incorrectly  The activation email has been modified or removed from you email inbox by Spam/Attachment scanning software or a mail client rule.

You have not yet been added to the Blackberry Enterprise Server. Please either cancel this request and contact your IT support team or continue to wait for a response."

Anyone have any ideas???

Thank you,

Carrie

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Issues with enterprise activation

Hello cburgess,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums :smileyhappy:

You may want to start by contacting your BlacKBerry Enterprise Server administrator and having them go through the steps in the following article with you:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13852

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
besmanager01
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Hello,

I have run in the exact same issue with two different Blackberry Torch 9800 Units.

The Enterprise Activation is a colossal pain.

Please see the KB article on the Blackberry Web Site, "Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the enterprise activation process"

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13852

I really wish that another provider other than AT&T, such as Sprint etc. featured the Torch as well.

Although it is not really clear to me at this point if the issue lies with the unit itself or AT&T

I do know however that in the years that I have been managing Blackberrys, the AT&T Service always to have the lion's share of the bugs, especially concerning Wireless Enterprise Activation.

Tomorrow, I will try removing and recreating the account to see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,

besmanager01

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What version BES?

Have you looked at the MAGT logs for a possible error?

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Did you update your device.xml file?

KB13589 - How to update the device.xml and vendor.xml files

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V