Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
arcecat
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Issues with everything

I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 ,AT&T

For the last week and a half to 2 weeks I have had these issues, happening frequently.

Can't make calls.

Don't receive calls.

Can't send texts...probably don't receive either.

Have issues connecting to the internet.

These problems are happening when the 3G, blackberry symbol and full bars are shown.

I finally went into AT&T today and they have had many people coming in with these issues.

They are basically telling people to get a non-blackberry phone as that seems to be the only fix at this time.

Does anyone know what is going on??????

Is Blackberry changing servers or something?

Last Sat I thought the problem had been fixed cause I had great connection in the middle of the day but I just keep on having problems.

Please use plain text.
Developer
moniko17
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

Re: Issues with everything

after you went to AT&T , what they say??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arcecat

They told me to contact Blackberry and this seems to be the only place I'm able to do that.

They are pretty much telling me to get a non-blackberry phone.  They are willing to give me the new phone for the regular upgrade price (2 yr contract) even though I'm not due yet....just can't get a new blackberry cause I'll have the same issues.  I had them reset my phone to the original settings.  One guys mentioned they did that for someone elses phone but still had the same issues.  I think I'm going to have to go back to my old dumb phone till there is some sort of fix for this, i really like my Torch when it works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arcecat

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a local Kansas City problem. I have a friend with the same phone and she doesn't have the problems when she is out of KC.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

arcecat wrote:

They told me to contact Blackberry and this seems to be the only place I'm able to do that.

This is where they let you down. You see, this forum is a user-to-user community...not a user-to/from-RIM channel for any communications (formal or otherwise!). Rather, ATT has the ability (indeed, responsibility!!!!) to escalate cases into RIM that require enhanced support that ATT cannot handle. Anything less is actually a breach of the contract you have with ATT for support...they are responsible for 100% of your service and 100% of your formal support, even if such support requires escalation into RIM. End users have no means to bypass their support contract (with their carrier) and independently seek any formal support from RIM (well, not for free anyway)...only via escalation from a carrier can you receive enhanced support from RIM.

Think of it this way -- who do you PAY for your services? Not RIM! You PAY ATT, and right now, they seem to be delivering neither service nor proper support to you. I suggest you contact them again, but this time don't so easily allow them to fob you off with the lame excuses they've so far given to you...they have the power to do so much more, if they are only willing to do so. Insist that they live up to the support contract you have with them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arcecat

Yeah I told the lady on the phone last night that I pay them and not Blackberry. I call ATT tech support again this morning and did finally get someone to make a ticket for a network issue. I think I was specific enough to them when I kept saying it was probably a piece of a equipment in a 19inch rack. Well I am now having much better service...we'll see if it lasts....porbably a loose cable.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well done!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.