Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

Issues with my Torch 9810

Hey all, 

Ever since my Torch 9810 updated to OS 7.1 Bundle 921 (v7.1.0.267) I've been having serious issues with my touch screen and track pad.

Screen: Will not rotate

Touch screen: Will barely recognize touch.  I've given up trying to scroll, as even the slightest scroll motion sends it zipping to the top/bottom of the website, twitter feed etc that I'm reading.  I can't type using the screen as it will not even recognize me pressing a key, and when it does it is no where near where I touched.  Ex: pressing J and it picks E.

Trackpad:  Kind of the same issue.. I have to be very careful when scrolling as it will either go very slowly (Ex: when fixing a spelling error, will move the cursor letter to letter) or it will zip right to the Top/Bottom.  Even on the home screen, if I'm trying to get to an App to open, i have to be careful as it will fly through all the various folders.

I've played with the track sensitivity and touch screen sensitivty (Don't even get me started on the 'joys' of trying to use it as a remote with my Playbook)

Anyways, the issues I'm having have been getting worse and as of late and I'm considering just smashing the phone.  However, before I go Angry Ape on it, is there anything I should/try and has anyone here heard of these issues and know how to fix them?

oh, and my carrier is Telus

Cheers, 

Dingwell

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Issues with my Torch 9810

Whenever you install a new update, your phone might need some time to get used to it.  Yeah, the new OS has been tested and re-tested on other phones but now it's on yours and something in your phone is not agreeing with it.

To start, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  That will do wonders for clearing out your cache and helping your phone run much smoother (and maybe even quicker, too).

Give that a shot then ride it out a day or two until your phone gets used to its new brain.  If you're still having issues after a couple more days, post back and we'll have another look at it.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks for the feedback, but sadly the update has been my phone for a few months, (whenever it was released via Telus).

And yes the battery has been pulled, many times, as I'm also having issues with E-mails not wanting to be deleted off my phone.

I'll try again today, because what harm can it do, but I'm willing to bet I can already predict the results

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Sometimes reloading the OS to the phone helps.  I'm not talking about another OS, but rather the same one you already have.  I don't know why it helps but it's got me through some tough times on more than one occasion.

If you'd like to have a go at this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Choose a recent restore point and apply it.  You can also click Device at the top of the software then Update.  If a newer version of OS is not offered or if it is and you don't wish to apply it, click View Other Versions and choose the one with Currently Installed it.

Whatever you choose to do, please keep us up to date on your progress (or lack of).  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem with my Blackberry. Ever since i updated my software, every time i unlock my phone it take 2 mins to process and then again if it is idle for a while it start processing again. I have only 5 applications in my blackberry and still my application memory is full. I removed the unnecessary languages also but still i am facing the same problem. Anyone please advise me what to do. i am really sick of this phone. it has been only six months with it and i am fed up from this. Anyone please reply me.