Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Issues

1. I keep losing icons from my Favorites page.

2. Can't save initial view in Calendar to monthly.

3. Serious lag issues when using touch screen.

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Issues

1. Are you marking those on your Favorites page by scroll (with the trackpad) to the icon > Press Menu key > Mark as Favorite? Does the icon then appear on the Favoites screen?

When do they disappear? After a reboot? Just sometime during the day?

2. Open the Calendar > Menu key > Options > Calendar Display and Actions > Initial View > Monthly > Press Menu key > SAVE.

3. In what way, moving to that action or typing or what?

You should only lightly touch the icon or the character you're typing. Don't press.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Issues

1. Are you marking those on your Favorites page by scroll (with the trackpad) to the icon > Press Menu key > Mark as Favorite? Does the icon then appear on the Favoites screen?

When do they disappear? After a reboot? Just sometime during the day?

Yes, I'm doing all of that.  The icons disappear during the day - sometimes multiple times.  When I check the icons in All, they are still marked as Favorites.  I unmark them and then mark them again and they reappear on the Favorites page.

2. Open the Calendar > Menu key > Options > Calendar Display and Actions > Initial View > Monthly > Press Menu key > SAVE.

I have done this until I'm blue in the face and it doesn't work.  My work-around has been to mark Most Recent and that will work.

3. In what way, moving to that action or typing or what?

You should only lightly touch the icon or the character you're typing. Don't press.

Moving to that action.  Sometimes there is no action at all.  Perhaps its the light touch versus the press that is the problem.