Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kamiwetu
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: safaricom

JVM ERROR - BB TORCH 9800

[ Edited ]
Hi i have a Torch 9800 and on Saturday while uninstalling the true caller app that I thought was the reason for the slow response I was getting from my phone, it began restarting itself and eventually gave me a JVM 545 error - reset and it went off completely. It is has not responded to anything even charging. Kindly advise what the issue might be? i have even tried the Blackberry Desktop Software and still no response.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: JVM ERROR - BB TORCH 9800

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB12077 "JVM error 545" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

You might also need some of these:

Hopefully you already have a good backup of your data...because it is highly likely that it is already gone from your BB

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamiwetu
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: safaricom

Hi thank you for your response though my phone didnt respond i even took it to blackberry Kenya they said they didnt know where the problem was.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashishsomani
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: TATA DOCOMO

I have tried KB27956 however i amnot getting a prompt for the updates. It says there are no updates available. Please help urgently.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ashishsomani wrote:

I have tried KB27956 however i amnot getting a prompt for the updates. It says there are no updates available. Please help urgently.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Rather than the method suggested in step 2 of that KB, please substitute the following:

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Don't forget to backup.Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashishsomani
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: TATA DOCOMO

Please provide me a link to download the OS. Or does the OS gets downloaded with the Desktop Software. I have purchased my BB from RIM and not fromany service provider

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

If you re-read what I provided in post 5 above, you will see that step 3 already contains exactly what you've asked for. And step 4 takes care of allowing you to use any carriers OS package. BlackBerry does not release any OS packages directly to end users...only via the carriers, via that official download portal. For step 5, you may well still need to incorporate some of the tricks noted in the prior KB27956.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.