Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: telus

Keyboard issues

Hi I have a BB Torch , 9860 OS 7.1.0 921  and Telus as the carrier with keyboard issues.

For the past 9 months of the 14 months since owning the phone the keyboard sometimes adds extra letters or numbers while typing either a phone number or regular email, I can start a phone number of 90525 and have 9052225, one touch of the 2 and I get 3 two's.  It happens with letters also, or I type the letter and no letter shows up just a blank space.

I have spoken to Telus a few times,  standard battery pull, and I also did a security wipe and a reload,  

Went to the Telus store in the Brampton mall but they also were no help. they  just wanted to ship away,

Time for BB stores in Canada like Apple, enough of the lousy service of the Carriers.

Thanks for any help

Don K

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Keyboard issues

I too wish there were stores but RIM has made the carrier responible for the service and warranty.

From what you have described I dont think you can do any more and need a repair done or device replaced.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V