Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
TwistedKitty
My Device: Torch 9800; OS 6

Keyboard unlocks when removed from holster

I lock my keyboard, using the button on the top of the phone, before I put it into my holster.  When I remove the phone from my holster, it automatically unlocks.  I want to disable that.  How?

ckornaker
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Keyboard unlocks when removed from holster

I'm having the same issue and haven't figured out how to stop it either!

New Contributor
Dale_Shephard

Mine stays locked.

Question is, which holder are you using, as the Torch didnt come with one?

ckornaker

Figured it out........Had to add a password!!!!  (and tell it to lock when holstered).......

New Contributor
szinski
My Device: Not Specified

Same problem... I have the Torch 9800 and when I remove the phone from its holster, it immediately unlocks. Because it unlocks while I'm handling the phone, I usually end up touching the screen or pressing a button which causes all sorts of problems for me.

I'd like to see an option to disable the auto-unlock (without having to buy a non-Blackberry holster).

Right now I'm using PatternLock which auto-locks the phone when I holster it. And I have to draw a pattern on the screen to unlock it (I'd prefer to just press the unlock button).

Steve

Tigerhorse
My Device: torch 9800

Go to option, security, password, under general put a check beside enable, go to bottom put a check beside lock handheld upon in holster, then go back to top un-check beside enable. done. try it.