Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
barjames
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Latest OS 6.0.0.448

This update installed ok using the standard Desktop Software method. However this new version now introduces a problem with the Bluetooth Remote Control.

With 246 I was able to control the media player from my Windows 7 computer using the integrated Remote Control function. With 448, this function no longer works.

I reverted back to 246 to validate that the problem is with the device and not my PC. Sure enough, it worked again with version 246.

Does anyone know of a fix or device setting in 448 that may correct this issue?

Developer
idonen
My Device: Not Specified

Is there any documentation anywhere that says what's new or changed in this version? Finding out basic info like this shouldn't be like pulling teeth!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

idonen wrote:

Is there any documentation anywhere that says what's new or changed in this version? Finding out basic info like this shouldn't be like pulling teeth!

Call the carrier that is supporting the OS version. Let us know what you find out.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor
ghostryder
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

knottyrope, I keep seeing that .450 is an offical RIM release but I have not been able to locate a download link no matter where I search (4 different forums).

Is it an offical RIM release that you are aware of?

Thanks

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

The only official release I've seen is the one knotty has posted......448.

.450 and .486 are beta releases to this point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
del1ter

Why my Torch wont update to .448? I have 6.0.0.246 and I have tried to update it several times with those instructions. 

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

del1ter, are you getting an error message of any sort?

You might need to go into the folder on your PC and delete a file in order to get Desktop Manager to recognize it.

Please navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader on your PC

At the very bottom you'll see a file called "vendor.xml."  Go ahead and delete that file.

Now, with your device connected to the PC, in that same folder towards the top, you'll see an executable called Loader.exe (it'll have what looks like a little phone next to it).  Double click on that and see if the update doesn't work for you now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Super Contributor
ghostryder
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Boomer56 wrote:

The only official release I've seen is the one knotty has posted......448.

.450 and .486 are beta releases to this point.

Thanks Boomer, users on the crackberry are posting as if it is now official. I guess not finding it in the Blackberry web site should have been a clue.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Contributor
del1ter

Oh well desktop manager just started to upgrade it when I plugged it in. Weird that it didnt do it earlier but now its .448 and works perfectly :smileyhappy:. Thanks!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to hear it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V