Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch Model 9810

Locating Device ID number

I attempted to downoad ATT Visual Voicemail to my Blackberry Torch but cannot without typing in my Device ID number.  None of the numbers I could find worked and I asked the ATT representative at Costco where I got the phone and he did not know what number is the correct one.

Any guidance?

Ren

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Locating Device ID number

The only numbers I can think of that would be of any consequence to you would be the phone's PIN and IMEI, both of which should be found by following Options>About on your homescreen (it might be Options>Device>About....it's been a while since I've used anything pre-BB10).

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks for responding - I tried both of those numbers and neither worked.

I appreciate your trying.

Ren

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

The next step is to get on the horn with AT&T and ask them.  The person to whom you spoke at Costco deals with phones from many manufacturers and is an expert in none of them.  Speaking directly to AT&T tech support should resolve this.  If they can't help you, you need to tell them to escalate directly to BlackBerry tech support.

Visual Voicemail is a feature offered by the carriers so they are the ones who could best help you.

Keep us posted.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thank you - I will get in touch with them tomorrow AM.

Ren

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

My BB uses my password with VZW's voicemail. Did you ever set up an AT&T password for your call in voicemail?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780 Smartphone

Por favor me informar como puedo descubrir o localiz\ar el ID number de mi BB smart phone.ya que no recuerdo la frase de seguridad que se solicita para que vía mail me envien el ID number.

Grato

Eduardo

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

GAMA wrote:

Por favor me informar como puedo descubrir o localiz\ar el ID number de mi BB smart phone.ya que no recuerdo la frase de seguridad que se solicita para que vía mail me envien el ID number.

Grato

Eduardo

Estimado Usuario, lamentablemente este foro es solo para el idioma Ingles, sin embargo lo podemos ayudar en el foro especializado en Español, esta es la dirección donde gustosamente lo podemos atender:

Muchas gracias

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780 Smartphone

Please let me know how can I find out what is the ID number of my BB smart phone since I don´t recall the security phrase that I am to write to receive a mail informing my ID number.

Grato/Regards

Eduardo