Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Booteefool
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Looking for a working app lock for BB Torch.

My kids love to use my phone. I want an app that has the option of locking sms, pictures or other media. The app I bought, totally didn't work. I thought it worked fine, asks for passwords, then when I got a text message I clicked on the new text message icon in the notification bar and it took me straight to all text messages and also gave the option of sending pictures and media. Totally defeated the purpose. Is there such an app out there that will do what these others on the blackberry app world claim to do? I'm terribly dissapointed. 

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Looking for a working app lock for BB Torch.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, and while I don't have personal experience with it, I know people who do and have read some good reviews on it.

It's called QuickSlide: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37361?lang=en

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
Booteefool

Thank you, I'll check it out. The app that I bought was: AppLock Pro from Ajani Info Tech something something.

Contributor
Booteefool

No, that isn't what I'm looking for. There is another app on the blackberry site called LockApps or something like that for 2.99$ by something like: Berubo Police something. It has a website and it claims that it does work with the Torch. But after what I've been through I'm scared to pay for it and find out the hard way. I wrote that company too, who doesn't seem like they want to respond either. What gives with these companies?

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Are you sure? Sounds like QuickSlide will allow you to lock any app, which is what you are trying to accomplish, no?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
Booteefool

Actually, I'm sorry, you may be right.

Why on the pictures does it have the word "calendar" written twice? Just a spelling error??

It says it locks apps, but is it password protected locked apps? The description for that app is a little vague for me.

Thanks for your help. Maybe I was a little too flustered. X)

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

From what (little) I know about it, it sounds as though it just might do the trick.  :smileyhappy:

Not sure what to tell you about the pictures and the description, though, sorry.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Booteefool

I'll wait from a response from them, if it is password protected, that would rock. I have no issues with my lock screen button on the top of my phone though. Huh.

Maybe I'm a little too picky, but at 2$ an app, and you can't spell? See my point?

Contributor
Booteefool

Okay, maybe not "spell" so to say, but have issues? lol

New Contributor
Mrulez
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi,

I had quicklslider instaled on BB Torch. Today I upgraded OS and quickslider doesn't work anymore. Up asks me about registration key but I don't remember that key. I wanted to download quickslider againg but it's no longer available unde the link provided in this topic. Any advice ?

cheers

Greg