Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
greenamex2
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Loss of phone service searching

If I lose service for any length of time the phone appears to just give searching for it. I have to go into manage connections and disable/enable Mobile Connections and get back service almost immediately.

As not answering a call could cost me my job it would be pretty handy to resolve this.

I am on 7.0.0 Bundle 2290 and I only noticed this after the last couple of OS updates.

Obviously a reboot/battery pull resolves the issue temporarily but the next time I suffer an extended loss of service then it recurs.

I have 74MB of free application space.

I am on Vodafone UK (Contract).

Thanks, Denis.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
questionsquestions
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: Loss of phone service searching

Hi Denis, Interested to know if you ever sorted this out in the end? I have been having exactly the same issue since as far back as I can remember. I live in a very patchy area and a house with walls 3 foot thick. Three kids to run around and three businesses to run...  I'm constantly going in and out of reception and and more often than not.. once the signal has dropped it won't pick it back up again once I get into an area with reception. Phone just doesnt seem to search at all.. I am also on Vodaphone.. don't know if they have anything to do with it?

'I have to go into manage connections and disable/enable Mobile Connections and get back service almost immediately.'

lol..... same here....about 10 times a day every day...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
greenamex2
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Loss of phone service searching

Seems a bit better under bundle 2406 but still happens. I'd guess that the Vodafone answer in your case would be suresignal, not much help in mine as my problem is all over the place.

I guess blackberry will just continue ignoring us.
Please use plain text.