Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
donna_elvin
My Device: Torch 9800

MAJOR Problems unlocking my Torch...HELP..!

Hello,

I am at my wits end and dearly hope someone here can help or point me in the right direction.

I tried to change my original Torch' cover and ended up toally destroying the phone. My partner bought another one for me from eBay but it was locked to T-Mobile. I bought several unlock codes online but somehow they never worked. I have taken the phone into a shop but they say they can't do anything because the 'counter needs to be reset'. I presume they mean because the times I tried to unlock it reached a certain limit and it stopped allowing any further attempts?

I LOVE the Torch and am so fed up trying to sort this out. If anyone can make a suggestion that would be great. Byw, I contacted T-Mobile and they basically couldn't care less.

Thanks,

Donna

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: MAJOR Problems unlocking my Torch...HELP..!

No, they wouldn't care less because you didn't purchase the phone from them.  :smileysad:

What needs to be reset is the MEP code and it needs to be done by RIM.  The only way you'll get through to RIM at no cost to you is through your carrier, T-Mobile.  Give them a call and tell them you need to be escalated to RIM to have the MEP code reset.  Make sure you tell them it's the MEP code and not just unlocking the phone with a password.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
donna_elvin

Hi Bill. Thank you ever so much for that information. I will call them again and ask as you instruct. Thanks again.

I've never been here before, so will click 'accept as solution' after I've sorted it with them if that's ok?

Donna
New Contributor
donna_elvin

Hi, me again, lol.

I spoke with the T-Mobile people who put me onto RIM. The man there said I need to contact Blackberry directly to get the MEP code and then the carrier [T-Mobile] to get the unlock code.

Would anyone know of a contact number for the right department at Blackberry where I can get this MEP code?

Thanks,

Donna