Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: VODAFONE

MIRRORED SCREEN ON 9860

Hello, i have had to replace my digitizer and lcd screen as i damaged them! :Oops:i have replaced both with original blackberry parts:Sorcerer:, re-booted and re-installed my operating system , but still have a mirrored screen! ie my start up screen comes up with blackberry butits upside down and back to front! then it comes up with a verifaction page, but cannot accept it as the ok button is now off the screen!

it is out of warrenty so cannot replace my phone!

i see many people have had this complaint but have not found a cure!  :Helpsmilie:

many thanks in advance!

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook (2)
My Carrier: O2

Re: MIRRORED SCREEN ON 9860

Did you manage to get it fixed. I have the same problem as you and so far have been unable to fix it.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

I too just got hit with this problem.  I gave my Torch 9850 to a friend when I got my Z10 and she managed to break the back button.  I bought a new digitzer and front panel with buttons.  When I installed it (it was fairly easy) and rebooted, I got the dreaded "mirrored and upside down" display.

I tried some of the tips in this forum - mainly the one about installing an old 7.0 OS, then upgrading again to 7.1.  That did not work.  I tried it about five times.

The one tip I could not figure out was to unlock the phone (mine already is), then access the Engineering Screen and the LCD menu.  I could not find this screen on my Torch, however I could not see the whole "Help Menu" on my screen.

Does anyone out there have a fix for this?  I cannot believe I have to throw this perfectly functioning phone out just because I changed out some parts.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: xl

you need to reset the LCD using an lcd reset software, just google 9860 reset software, download it and give it a try.

http://www.gsmsolution.biz/forum/blackberry_rim/17682-reset_blackberry_lcd.html

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f489/all-lcd-reset-no-no_rtas-files-here-1484807/