Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
Dave_N
My Device: Torch 9800 v6.0.0.526, platform 6.6.0.195
My Carrier: AT&T

Media Card formatting: Will I lose files???

I dropped my phone earlier.  The battery came out.  It powered right back up, but now it says:

"A Media Card has been inserted that is not formatted.  Do you wish to format the Media Card now?"

(YES or NO)

If I select YES, the next screen reads:

"Warning: Formatting the Media Card will destroy any data stored on it.  Do you wish to continue?"

(YES or NO)

I've slected NO both times.  I also notice now that many of my media files are gone.  There could be other things missing, but I'm sure that whatever resolution is offered here won't necessitate the exact files that are gone.  What should I do?  I did a back-up less than a month ago, so I assume that is an option.  But are there any others?  I'd prefer not to lose the files (pics/songs) that I've added over the last month.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
LouLou28
My Device: TORCH 9800
My Carrier: VODAFONE

Re: Media Card formatting: Will I lose files???

Hi, I've just had a similar thing happen to mine. i went to go into my pics and they were'nt there. i got a message saying something about the media card needing formatted and now i have no photos, videos, music, etc. i've just been in tears as it's all photos & videos of my baby that i can't find. i last backed it up in august so everything from then is missing.

i would really like to know if there is anything i can do to get these back.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jiya9
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi. I'm going through this right now and was wondering if you were able to recover your photos.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

for the media card you might have to try recovery software on a PC to get the info off the card, plenty of free ones to do this on the web

many electronic stores carry USB to SD adapters like best buy, radio shack maybe even walmart

lists a few recovery software places

http://www.ultimateslr.com/memory-card-recovery.php

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Cruachan80
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: 02

I also have been getting this message over the last few days.

Always selected "No" and now discover that I have no pictures, no media at all.

Is the common thread that we have all updated the software on the phone recently?

I am gutted and would love to know if these can be recovered in any way?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

knottyrope wrote:

for the media card you might have to try recovery software on a PC to get the info off the card, plenty of free ones to do this on the web

many electronic stores carry USB to SD adapters like best buy, radio shack maybe even walmart

lists a few recovery software places

http://www.ultimateslr.com/memory-card-recovery.php

try the above?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.