Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

bannerism
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Media Card not supported

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I have had my BB Torch 9800 since May 2011, and I had a media card (SD 2GB) in there since Day 1. Early November came around and my phone's media folder was completely empty and I was unable to view any of my pictures, music, etc from my external media card, but the internal built in media card still works just fine. I went into my local AT&T store just for kicks and giggles to see if they could do something (they couldn't). I consider myself an  advanced Blackberry user, for I have had a Blackberry for a number of years. The torch is my 7th Blackberry and this is the first time I have had a problem with any of my phones. Not to diss the Torch or Blackberry, but this isn't their finest work. Back to the point, how can I get my phone to recognize my media device?

edit:

Device info

AT&T

BB9800

6.0 Bundle 2647 v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223

Battery pull did not work, I even upgraded to the most recent bundle and that didn't work either.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
landypete1
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Media Card not supported

You are not alone. Mine did this last week - TWICE - came up on screen as card corrupted, changed the card and six hours later when phone rang card wiped again (both times 4 gig cards) . O22shop says will need to go for repair. Currently got 128 mb card in to see what happens (so far so good - 3days)

Please use plain text.