Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Trusted Contributor
elizabethh
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Media card corrupted

The media card on my Torch has corrupted. One minute it was ok, all my photos and videos, music etc were on the card, then I go to my phone and it says the media card is corrupted.

Anyone else had this happen, does anyone know why it happened?  I've got the 9800 with the latest OS system.

@SillohZil on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjain83
My Device: Bold & 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Media card corrupted

i had the same problem and i have to change my media card

Please use plain text.
Contributor
khato
My Device: Not Specified

Here is something I found on the net:

Like many of you have had my memory card corrupted for a second time now. This is not a 100% and not even really a fix, but hopefully you will be able to get your lost pics or whatever else you lost.

As soon as you realize something is missing or wrong with your card DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING ELSE TO THE CARD. Your files are still there but something has went wrong. If you write anything onto your card you could possibly be overwriting the files you want to get back.

1. You need to install Flash format. Do not use your corrupted memory card to do this.
2. Open the program and go to verify and repair. This may take a while. Eventually it will find all the corrupted files left on the card and give them numerical names with a chk file extension.
3. Move all the new .chk files to a safe place and run an app or bat file to rename the extensions ie .jpg for picture files.

OR you could try:

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/01/08/tips-tricks-recover-files-from-a-corrupted-sd-or-microsd-card/

I have not tried any of the above two methods. As I said I found them on the net. There may be other methods which other ppl are familiar with.

Good luck

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GandR
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

I have had this happen too.  They replaced my phone and media card and it has happened 3 more times!

Is there a fix for this problem or do I have to get rid of the blackberry?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saisriorl
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

We are having the same issues.

One of our family friend really values -Pictures. This is old blackberry in 2009 or so

We went to

Best buy and person name Lee - took the battery and did not put the card or memory holder or whatever small chip properly -he forced it got bent

So, i went to Staples  to check - i got the usb drive -but it does not have picture

Now i went to Radio shack - they put the chip since my laptop has memory reader - still nothing came up

Is there a way to RECOVER - Jim perry really cares, requests if someone can guide it would be greatly appreciated

Pl send to email id if you dont mind this is a great favour to help our family friend

sridhar.rangaswamy@gmail.com

sridhar@saisupersol.com

Please use plain text.
hiekerkie
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: mtn

This happened to me once. All i did was connect the phone with my pc, i copied all my music, photo's, video's, etc on to the background of my computer(it doesn't corrupt on the pc). I disconnected the phone, formatted the memory card. I reconnected the phone with the pc and copied all my files back onto my phone's memory card. It hasn't happened since. Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.