Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Media card not being recognized

I have a 32gig Sandisk Micro SD that used to be recognized by my 9860, but just today, BB software does not find it.  I did chck the Media options for storage and it shows up in the phone itself.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Media card not being recognized

Have you tried rebooting the phone by removing the battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes, I did remove the battery for a hard reboot. I am going to reboot my laptop as well. May sound weird, but when I un-dock, re-dock, it causes my 9860 to not act "right"... like give me the option when I reconnect for usb, etc.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You won't be able to see the card on the device when it's plugged into the computer. Make sure the BB is unplugged from the computer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Sorry, I meant, the bb software does not see the 32gig card. When the device is disconnected, it does show the card as being present.
Guru II

What happens if you remove the card and try another card?
Contributor

I only have the single card. I am signing off now, as I need to head out. I'll try the reboot etc tonight and see if a "fresh" laptop does the trick. Thanks so far!
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

[ Edited ]

osubux1 wrote:
I only have the single card. I am signing off now, as I need to head out. I'll try the reboot etc tonight and see if a "fresh" laptop does the trick. Thanks so far!

Ok! Can you back up your media card contents (using a media card reader or via USB cable?) and have a format from the device. Go to Options > Device > Storage > Click Menu button and choose Format > Choose Media Card.

After having a format can your device recognized the card?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Solution - Re: Media card not being recognized

As suspected, I was able to reboot my computer, make connection... and viola, it recognized the media card. I guess the laptop just needed a fresh start.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Guru II

Re: Solution - Re: Media card not being recognized

Great! Lots of weird things happen during dock and undock.