Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

MarlaB
My Device: Torch 9800

Menu/BlackBerry button not working

I'm hoping somebody can help. I'm having an issue with the menu/BlackBerry button (whatever it's called)

The button seems to be stuck. So when I push it the menu will come up but it will automatically do what is highlighted, which is often close or open the tray if on the home screen. If I lock the phone it will darken but then lighten up as if I have pressed the button, but I haven't. It will say screen locked but will continously darken and lighten back up.

I was having this issue a little while ago and even took my phone apart to clean as I thought that was the issue but it did not help. Then I needed to charge it, which I normally do by plug in, but this time I used usb to computer. There seemed to be a substantial update for my phone which once completed fixed the issue with the button. Which was a huge relief as I was thinking I would have to pay somebody to fix and I don't want to do that. It is very pricey.

Well today it started back up. I connected it to the computer but it said there were no updates and did not fix the button problem. And yes I have tried battery pull.

Hopefully there is a solution out there as I cannot afford to pay somebody to fix and I sure can't afford a new phone.

Thanks

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Menu/BlackBerry button not working

Plug your phone into your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has been recognized, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Pick the most recent restore point and apply it.  This will reload your OS to your phone.  If this doesn't work and you've already done a battery pull, it would then be time to call Sasktel about a warranty replacement (assuming your phone is newer than one year old).

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.