Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mroy1062
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Message on Locked Screen

My phone was previously a work phone that I purchased myself but that the company paid the monthly service charge. IT put a message on the locked screen that tells anyone who finds the phone to call the Corporate office and it list the phone numbers to call.

I know longer work for that Company and I've changed the phone to a "pay as you go" service with ATT. However the message still appears on the phone. How can I delete this message from the locked screen. I've gone into options and the only thing I can add or delete is my name. The message is embedded in the phone and there is no place for me to delete it. What are my options.

Please reply to mroy1062@gmail.com

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Message on Locked Screen

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It's a shame that your former company IT admins did not properly cleanse the device...but here is what you need to do:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

You will, of course, want to first take a full backup...you can find instructions for all that is necessary via the link in my auto-sig on this post. But, when you restore (after the ResetToFactory has completed), you must not do full restore -- rather, only a selective restore of only those databases you require (e.g., contacts, calendar, etc.), and especially do not restore anything to do with Enterprise or IT Policy...if you do a full restore, you will wind up right back where you are now.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mroy1062
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

this information was most helpful to me and i'm working on resetting and doing a selective restore so that i can still have access to my contacts. I also sent an email to the IT department who stated I should have contacted them earlier. "Really" Like you said they should have made sure they took care of this themselves in the first place. Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are very welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.