Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Message on Locked Screen

Why does the "Message on Locked Screen" only show up for about 1 second - not long enough for anybody to read.  Is there any way to lengthen the display time?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2258; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Message on Locked Screen

It is a battery saving feature. Every time you hit a button it will light up. I'm not sure who decided one second was enough but that's just the way it works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thanks, but my unit doesn't work that way.  The only time the locked screen Message comes on is when I press the red power button, and then it comes on for one second if powering up, or if the screen had ben locked, for one second but it is obscured by the message which says "Screen is locked.  Press the lock button to unlock".  Pressing any other buttons does nothing.  None of this makes sense to me.  Any ideas?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2258; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Are you locking with a password or just locking the keyboard with the lock button?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Just the lock button

Guru I

OK. The lock screen message is designed to be visible when password locked, not keyboard locked.
Contributor

Ah, thank you John.  Yes that works.

RolyB

Guru I

Excellent!