Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Message truncated due to size

[ Edited ]

I've had a 9800 with Rogers since June and everything was great until this morning, every email I receive is "Message truncated due to size" ... now before you start copy pasting the 5mb or 8mb stuff, these email are plain text, 2kb - 45 kb....

I even sent myself a plain text email with "test" as a subject and "test" in the body and still the same issue.

Is there some kind of resolution to this?

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Message truncated due to size

okay, so it isn't just me.  Just to help narrow in, my e-mail servers are hosted with Google...both servers started truncating messages this morning.  So, it seems more than likely, it is a Blackberry server issue.  To add to this, my carrier is Rogers.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBeryPlayBook & BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: TMobile

I know this does not directly help you, but I woke up to the same issue on T-Mobile with BB Curve 8520.  I have no idea what is going on. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Well, that makes me feel slightly better, thanks for the reply!!

I've got gmail accounts as well as an averagemom.com email, they are all doing it.

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I see a couple other users reporting this... right now I don't know what's up.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBeryPlayBook & BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: TMobile

Ugh!  I must need more coffee.  I clicked "email me when someone posts a reply"...but I cant see the email.  :Wacko:

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

i'm having the same issue on Telus....my work email comes through fine, but my personal email addresses are all being truncated....if it's widespread, I guess I can wait!

Robin

New Contributor
My Device: Torch - 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm having issues as well.  Provider is AT&T.  Have a 9800 Torch.  I went through and cleaned out my mailbox thinking it might be a memory issue or something weird like that, but it didn't help.  Looking like it might be a RIM issue.

Visitor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: at&t

according to AT&T tech support for BB, it is a widespread RIM issue and "they are working on restoring it this morning"

New Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: VZW

2011-OCT-08, Carrier=Verizon, phone=9850

Turned on mobile this morning and found that e-mails sent to/from my 9850 via BIS for either/both Hotmail and MSN all show same error message "Message truncated due to size". Further, see same issue with another POP3 account (unrelated webmail service set up through major domain provider).

File Size:

Problem is NOT a file size issue - many of these e-mails are simple text files and even the largest messages (full html with attachments) are well under all BIS limits. Also, I have directly viewed all e-mails and confirmed file sizes directly at the respective web-mail applications without issue. Further, I have sent small test messages to/from phone and still recieve same error message.

Seem to recall other RIM users on other carriers having this sort of issue over last month, first time I've seen this on my Verizon 9850.

Notes:
A) Not seeing this problem with BES account - it is functioning normally.
B) After checking all of my BIS linked e-mail accounts, interested to discover that only ONE seems to be functioning OK and it is the carrier e-mail, i.e., VZW bb e-mail "...vzw.blackberry.net".  < Interesting, eh?  >

Would like to see if anyone else obtains same result (i.e., no error message) when using your carrier issued xxx.blackberry.net e-mail address.