06-11-2012 02:21 PM
Hey there. I apologize if this has been answered already, but I've been looking through the forums and haven't found an answer yet.
I have a Torch 9800. Ever since I got it, I've noticed that, occasionally, messages will not show up in my inbox. My phone will buzz when I receive them, and I'll have the "new messages" icon on the homescreen, but clicking the messages icon brings me to an empty inbox.
I've noticed this behavior impacting email (my gmail account is the only one I have going to the blackberry), text messages, and two different third-party chat clients.
I don't have any messages being filtered to different folders or anything like that.
Clicking "View Folder" verifies that my inbox is selected.
But here's where it gets weird: if I compose a new email and send it, when I return to the inbox, all the messages appear.
It's almost as if the inbox is having a problem displaying the message list, but once I force a new item to display (the newly sent message), it shocks it back to life.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-11-2012 02:27 PM
Maybe you need a reboot, do the following
Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.
06-11-2012 02:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've actually been experiencing this problem for months, since I got the device. I've pulled the battery a number of times (most recently yesterday afternoon)...
When I do so, it does make the messages show up in the inbox, but it's not long before the problem occurs again.
06-11-2012 02:38 PM
What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.
I know AT&T had a few updates but just want to know if you are on a newer version
06-11-2012 02:46 PM
246 was orig shipped OS
use a PC to update it so you will have a good backup.
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
06-12-2012 11:09 AM
I feel like an **bleep** for not trying this first.
Anyway, thanks! I really appreciate it.
hey no worries, we are all here to learn new stuff.
come back anytime with a question