Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Developer
traigo
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

MidpSSH or bbSSH on Torch

I manage a number of *nix machines and use Ubuntu on my main desktop (still don't know why RIM won't support *nix).  I had the 8700, twice, then a bold 9000 before getting my Torch yesterday.  I've been using MidpSSH for 3 years and love it for managing computers, compiling, svn updates, deployments, remote update and reboot, emailing myself things I forgot, etc.  I can't seem to get MidpSSH, or it's new Blackberry specific sister project bbSSH, to work on the torch.  It keeps saying invalid url.

Anyone have any luck with either of these?

Oh, btw, bbSSH crashed and took a reboot to fix.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dkozinn
My Device: 9800

Re: MidpSSH or bbSSH on Torch

There's a beta release of bbssh that supports version 6 out (it's one of the nightly builds) and in fact the nightly build for v5 worked for me as well. If you contact the developer for support he should be able to assist.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...

[ Edited ]

I'd definitely recommend BBSSH, as it has a host of new features and BB integration.  Of course, I may be biased as I am the developer of the project :smileywink:

Please contact me directly via the "Send Feedback" menu option, and I'll point you to an OS 6.0-compatible build and can help out if you have further issues.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.
Developer
traigo

Thanks! I'm grabbing the 1.1.9.294 nightly right now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
traigo

I am able to connect!  I can't wait for the stable release. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bscrockett

I just got a new Torch and first loaded the 1.8.x and then the nightly1.9.xit doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong or is it still flakey? It times out. I can open web pages inside my enterprise, but no telnet or ssh. Any insight? I rerally want this to work.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...

Timeouts can occur due to a number of different reasons; and vary based on how you're connecting,   Off the top of my head based on your comment, I'd say to check to make sure you're using the right connection type ("inside my enterprise" makes me think it should be BES.)

If that doesn't help, the next best thing you can do is visit the project's support page for information on how to get help:

http://bbssh.org/wiki/en/Support

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bscrockett

Thanks! I didn't realize that I needed to specify BES. I was accustomed to the midpssh app, which didn't require this. Works fine. I'm running the 1.1.8 stable release and not the 1.1.9, as that was flakey on my Torch.
Please use plain text.