Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
aasghar
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Migrated from 9800 (OS6) to 9810(OS7) - Memory concerns

I just migrated my 9800 @OS6 to 9810@OS7 using Desktop Software (Im with Bell Canada). This included migrating my Applications etc.

Issue: On my 9800 I saw 262 of 512 MB free, and now on my 9810 I see only 90MB free (i have not installed any new applications).

Something seems wrong here.

Would appreciate any help

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrated from 9800 (OS6) to 9810(OS7) - Memory concerns

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then look at free memory again.

also the memory areas are a bit differen and dont seem to add up in application management.

if you still have 90 free after bat pull, run a few days to see if sluggish or not.

I didnt have any issue with my 9810

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aasghar
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Migrated from 9800 (OS6) to 9810(OS7) - Memory concerns

Thanks for the quick response. Tried Batt-Pull - didn't help.

While free space is not critical issue, I need to understand what took up an additional 400+MB of Application Memory Space.

Please use plain text.