Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
slingshotz
My Device: Torch 9810

Missing Desktop CICAL service book

I have a Canadian Rogers Torch 9180, software 7.0.0.254, platfirn 5.0.0.451, available KB 167173.

The phone is activated on our cloud Blackberry Administration Service with Exchange 365 and for some reason the CICAL service book is missing on the device so any calendar invites are blank.  I have followed BB article KB10594 and on the BAS tried resending the service books.  On the device properties it does say that the last transaction was delievered and nothing I can see has failed.  Obviously since the CICAL book is missing I am unable to delete and undelete it as per the KB article.

We only have one default IT policy and others are on it without any issues.  And yes I have double checked that nothing is disabled in the PIM sync in the policy.  We do not have any Groups setup, everyone is under the default group.

Not using any other calendar apps on the phone.  In the BAS it does say that the Wireless calendar is Disabled but there's no way I can see in the BAS to enable the calendar.

I've searched the forums and google and found nothing that has helped so I'm hoping someone has a suggestion.  I have not tried removing the device from BAS and reattaching it as I've had bad luck doing this with other devices in that I can't get them back on BAS after it's been removed.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Missing Desktop CICAL service book

[ Edited ]

try this

Wireless calendar synchronization appears to be disabled on the BlackBerry smartphone

also

Clear the BlackBerry smartphone Calendar and then turn on calendar wireless synchronization from the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

1. On the BlackBerry smartphone, open the Calendar.
  2. Open the Calendar menu and select Options.
  3. Type the following command:

rset

4. Choose Yes when prompted by the following question: "This will erase your Desktop calendar, and reload it from your server. Continue?"
  5. Under Calendars, select Desktop.
  6. Verify that Number of Entries is zero.
  7. Change Wireless Synchronization to Yes.
  8. Exit and save changes.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
slingshotz
My Device: Torch 9810

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick reply.  Unfortunately right after typing rset, it says “There are no OTA Enabled calendars to reset”.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

As you received the ""There are no OTA enabled calendars .." error when you issued the RSET command it means you are not setup top wirelessly sync your calendar (i.e. it is configured to sync via cable using Desktop Manager). I recommend that you go into the Calendar > Press menu > Select Options > (Select Desktop if listed) > Select the Wireless Sync option > Exit and Save. Now go back into Calendar > Press menu > Select Options > Type RSET > Select Yes to erase your Calendar and reload a copy from the server. This then will erase your device calendar and copy back a fresh copy from the server and please note that it will show a maximum of 60 days history on the device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V